Sunday 2 January 2011

2nd January 2011

A digi-scoped image of the Red-throated Diver
Another digi-scoped image.
A photo taken with my DSLR, this shows how small the diver looked...

A few photos of the rather good sunrise this morning, taken from the Stewartby Lake gullwatch.
The Red-throated Diver was still present at least well into the afternoon. Unfortunately, as yesterday, it was well out from the edge of the lake again today...
I also saw all four of the Scaup together in the Marston corner this afternoon, the first time I have seen them all together. The Smew was comuting between the scrapyard and Marston corners of Stewartby Lake. I had a Peregrine on one of the chimneys late morning. I didn't see any Bitterns today, but at least two were seen by other people.
I caught up with a few common birds that I had missed yesterday:
Kestrel
Green Woodpecker (only heard yesterday)
Pied and Grey Wagtails (sewage works)
House Sparrow
Meadow Pipit (sewage works)

No comments: